Health & Science:
Essays & Reviews:
- News releases for the Institute for Public Accuracy, like “What’s wrong with the CDC’s decision to drop mask mandate,” “Long Covid and public policy: A writer on chronic illness speaks out,” “End of federal State of Emergency could mean catastrophic Medicaid results,” “News headlines downplaying severity of Omicron variant,” and more.
- Memes, Magnets and Microchips: Narrative dynamics around COVID-19 vaccines. contributor and executive editor. February 2022, The Virality Project
- Fauxi: Undermining authoritative health sources. co-written with Erin McAweeney and Avneesh Chandra, June 2021, The Virality Project.
- How debunked science spreads: co-written with Erin McAweeney, August 2021, The Virality Project
- Weekly briefings summarizing key narratives of the anti-vaccine movement for The Virality Project, 2021.
- Beyond screens: in conversation with Khiara Bridges and Virginia Eubanks. co-written with Julia Rock, March 2019, The College Hill Independent
- “Where bodies and practices become code” – The reach of Enlightenment science: Constructing biological categories of race through genomic science. final capstone in health & human biology, May 2019, presented at Brown University’s Theories in Action conference
Essays & Reviews:
- Exit Interview With My Grandmother: On 76th between Columbus and Amsterdam, a 92-Year Old Woman Is Reading Sally Rooney. May 2020, Audible
- Living in Extremity: On Julia May Jonas’s “Vladimir”. March 2022, The Los Angeles Review of Books
- We’ll be inside and then we’ll go outside: Lesbian merger in Persona and Paradise Rot. May 2021, PIQUE Magazine (Issue 2)
- Moving Past Vergangenheitsbewältigung. February 2021, The Los Angeles Review of Books
Poems & Projects:
- Daily collection. April 2020, what are we doing magazine (*click through)
- 100 Days with Sophie. February 2021, Ghost City Press
- Diary with friends’ diaries, November 2020
- Poems for New England in mid-October. February 2021, Ghost City Press
- Items I lost or else forgot while moving through. October 2018, The College Hill Independent
- Baby Poem. April 2020, Peach magazine
- Excerpt from Wind through the jacarandas. May 2019, Little Pharma zine
- A lover’s discourse. February 2019, The Round
- “A movement in itself” – The Black Panther Party and sickle cell anemia: Personalized medicine in a pre-genomic era”